Last updated 15 July 2018
- WHAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU
- THE USE OF THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- YOUR RIGHTS
- CONSENT TO PROCESSING AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- GDPR COMPLIANCE STATEMENT
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
- CONTACT US ABOUT PRIVACY-POLICY
1. WHAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
There are two main types of information we collect about users of the Online Services:
- "Personally Identifiable Information" is information that identifies you and may include, for example, your full (i.e., first and last) name, phone number, email address, postal address, credit or other payment card number, and photos of you or other individuals.
- "Non-Personally Identifiable Information" is information that relates to you or the computer or mobile device you use to access the online Services, but does not on its own identify you personally. This information may include (for example), information about your use of the Online Services, including web pages you have visited, apps you have downloaded, parts or functions of the Online Services you have used or viewed, gameplay data, content you have accessed or viewed, advertising sent to you or that you have viewed, transaction history, IP address and device identifiers, information about your Internet connection, information about the equipment or software you use to access the Online Services, and information you provide to or post on message boards or chat rooms that are part of the Online Services.
2. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU
We collect information about you in three main ways:
- Directly from you, when you provide it to us: for example, when you register with the website, sign up for email or text alerts, respond to surveys, contact us or otherwise interact with us. Please remember that if others use devices into which you remain logged, they may share information with us as if they were you, and they may have access to information that you have previously provided us. To protect your privacy, please log out from the Online Services you use on shared devices.
- From third parties: we may obtain information about you from third parties outside of the Online Services. When you sign-on to the Online Services or otherwise interact with social networks or if you interact with us through a social media function such as a plug-in (for example, a Facebook "like" button) then you may be permitting us to have on-going access to some information from your social network profile (such as your name, email address, your friend list, photo, age, gender, location, birthday, social networking ID, current city, the people/sites you follow, and so forth). We may also obtain information about you from a third party data aggregator, cookie technology operator, advertising network, or another type of data company.
3. THE USE OF THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We (and our service providers) may use the information we collect about you for a variety of business purposes. For example, we may use that information to:
- Provide the services and products you have requested;
- Create an account on the Online Services if you have requested one;
- Personalize the services we offer and the advertising displayed through the Online Services (see options for opting-out of personalized advertising at our Cookies and Tracking Information Center);
- Respond to your inquiries, requests, and comments;
- Allow you to participate in the interactive features of our Online Services, where you choose to do so;
- Provide technical support for the Online Services;
- Understand how the Online Services are used so that we can continuously improve the services we provide to you;
- Send you service-related communications, including announcements and administrative messages;
- Send you newsletters and information about products, services and promotions relating to us or other companies or organizations that we work with.
- Use technology (such as Facebook Custom Audiences) to deliver advertising to you on other sites based on the email address or other Personally Identifiable Information you provided to us or through the use of information we received from third parties.
- Recognize devices you use and associate the information with your profile. We may use data collected or received from others, such as information about devices you use, to make a deterministic or probabilistic match of advertising and cookie identifiers. For example, we or others may match devices you use if you log onto the same online service or multiple devices or web browsers (deterministic), or if devices you use share similar attributes that support an inference that they are used by the same user (probabilistic). We also may use this information, for example, to match a user’s interest across devices, as well as for analytics, ad reporting, or to improve the services and
- Combine all the information we collect or receive about you for any of the foregoing purposes.
4. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- Third Parties who Separately Have Your Information: We may share information about your use of the Online Services with third parties to whom you separately provide (or to whom you already separately have provided) your Personally Identifiable Information (e.g., if you establish or have established accounts with them). In these instances, we may enhance the data they have about you by using or sharing a common identifier that itself is not Personally Identifiable Information.
- Social Networks: You may interact with certain features of the Online Services that cause information to be published to your social networks. Or, you may sign up for features on the Online Services or a social network that are designed to require that we provide to the social network information which may include Personally Identifiable Information, to associate our records relating to you in our data base with the records that social network has relating to you in their database, so that they or we can contact you or tailor messages to you, or otherwise. On pages of the Online Services that contain social network functionality, the social network providing the functionality may be able to collect information about you, even if you don't use that functionality.
- Opt-Ins: In some places on our Online Services we may place opt-ins where you can select to receive communications from companies with whom we have promotional relationships. If you opt-in to receive those communications, or opt-in to consent to share Personally Identifiable Information with those companies, then we may disclose Personally Identifiable Information to them.
- Contests and Sweepstakes: We may publicly disclose the name, city and state of contest and sweepstakes winners if permitted by the contest/sweepstakes rules.
The Online Services are not designed or intended for use by children under 13, and thus if you are under 13 we ask that you do not use the Online Services or provide us with any information. If we discover that we have inadvertently gathered any such information then we will, to the extent required by law, delete such information from our records. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child under 13 has provided us with information without his or her consent, he or she should contact us at privacy@Cinehook.com.
6. YOUR RIGHTSCommunication Preferences and Opt-outs
If you have subscribed to one or more of our email newsletters or are receiving them from us and you don't want them anymore, you can unsubscribe. Select the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any message, use other means provided to unsubscribe or change communication preferences, or use the contact details below, to unsubscribe from marketing and promotional e-mails.Advertising/Cookies
In addition to the functionality provided to you via the Online Services (such as using "account settings" for registered users), where legally required we provide online visitors with access to their Personally Identifiable Information and the ability to review, update and correct it. Some access requests may be subject to a small fee. To help your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password and user ID, and possibly photo ID before granting access to Personally Identifiable Information about you. Please contact privacy@Cinehook.com for more information about exercising these rights.Data Retention and Deletion
We may retain your data for as long as you use the Online Services and for a reasonable time thereafter. If you'd like to delete, modify or update the Personally Identifiable Information that you provided via the Online Services please use the settings on the Online Services or contact us at privacy@Cinehook.com and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of this data may be required in order for the Online Services to function properly, and we may be required to retain certain information by law.
7. CONSENT TO PROCESSING AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
The Online Services are governed by and operated in accordance with, the laws of Greece. Cinehook.com makes no representation that the Online Services are governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of any other nation.
If you are located outside of Greece, please be aware that information we collect, including Personally Identifiable Information, may be transferred to, processed, stored and used in Greece. Under Greece law, your Personally Identifiable Information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in the Greece.
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
9. GDPR COMPLIANCE STATEMENT
Cinehook.com respects and complies with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Some of the key ways we comply with these regulations are:
Consent:We explain what you're consenting to clearly and without "legalese", and ask that you explicitly consent to contact from us.
Breach Notification:In the event of a breach we will notify affected users within 72 hours of first having become aware of the breach.
Right to Access:Users can request confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning them is being processed, where and for what purpose. Further, we shall provide a copy of the personal data, free of charge, in an electronic format.
Right to be Forgotten:Once we have compared your (the subjects') rights to "the public interest in the availability of the data", we may delete your personal data where you have requested this.
Data Portability:We allow you to receive the personal data concerning you, which we will provide in a "commonly used and machine readable format" and you have the right to transmit that data to another "controller".
Privacy by Design:We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures, in an effective way, in order to meet the requirements of this Regulation and protect the rights of data subjects'. We hold and process only the data absolutely necessary for the completion of our duties (data minimisation), as well as limiting the access to personal data to those needing to act out the processing.
10. CONTACT US